[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6815) Balancing Battle Response Time for Different

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: tomcatkev0@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6815) Balancing Battle Response Time for Different Client CPU/Network connection
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:45:04 -0800

Hi!

Slowing down the connection of players w/ high bandwith would result in
a negative opinion on the game i'm affraid like "huh look how crappy
this game is, i have 768K ADSL and it feel like a 33K modem". In every
multiplayer game in which timing has a role LPBs (low ping bastards)
have an advantage on HPBs (high ping bastards). It is/was a big problem
in quake and all other online FPS games, and the best solution for it
was making the net code as good as possible (compression, etc) to
minimize the negative effect for HPB's. But slowing down everybody to
the lowest connection player isn't a good way imho.

bye, hirisov