Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: changing team members from players to users.

To: Michael Mielke <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: changing team members from players to users.
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:51:25 -0500

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 08:15:51PM -0400, Michael Mielke wrote:

> I noticed that connecting as an already existing ai player did not bring
> up a map of that ai player in cvs.

ah, well how did you log in? By the player name? This no longer works.
You must log in by the player's username. Unfortunately in the case of
stock AI players, they are not assigned a normal (and unique) name for you
to log in as. Instead log in and issue the "/take <player name>" command.

You did bring something to my attention though. People shouldn't be able to
log in as "Server AI" That's not a unique username. I committed a patch to
give AI players the default username of "Unassigned" (ANON_USER_NAME)

-mike