Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:52:15 -0700

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 03:42:23PM -0700, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 05:05:22AM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > - Small problem: send user name, quit server, send password: client should
> >   reset here, with a message.
> >
> > - Small problem: send user name, menu->game->disconnect: game menue
> >   shouldn't be available until connection is complete.
> >
> > - GUI Improvement: Is it possible to display "Enter password for chris:"
> >   instead of "Enter your password:"?
>
> these three are fixed. As for the notorious one, I don't know.

Great. Now you have got all but one.

Some weeks ago, I throwed my unexperienced eye on that "notorious" code,
too, and got crazy. It looked to me as if there were several flaws in it
(the CVS), which now come up, with your patch.

Good luck.

I for my part, can live with it, since it happens only when I *try* to kill
it.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/