Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4326) Pathfinding

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4326) Pathfinding
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 04:15:46 -0700

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:06:29AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > > Greg: you may now see why I prefered a flags field in pf_parameter
> > > instead of the zoc_used field.
> >
> > I admit I was thinking the same.  But we need to carefully consider what
> > we do, because some AI calculations need to ignore ZoC...
>
> They this code has to remove F_IGZOC in parameter->flags.

This is a bit ugly, but probably the best way.

> > or use a different notion of ZoC.
>
> If code wants this you have to be more specific.

I realised that when planning strategic attacks (on enemy cities), AI
should ignore ZoC imposed by enemy units in the field, but pay attention
to the ZoC imposed by enemy cities.

> > Another solution is write another MC-callback marine_move_unit.
>
> You would need another flags to trigger this. So we would have to add
> a "bool is_marine" to pf_parameter. I'm strongly against this since
> this duplicates unit_type->flags.

No flag is needed.  Have a look how we handle trireme case for example.

G.