Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:49:04 -0700

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Rafa³ Bursig wrote:
> 2) MAX_VET_LEVELS is hardcoded via #define in shared.h
> It should be configurable via ruleset's files

MAX_VET_LEVELS is not the number of veteran levels - this is already set
by the ruleset - but it is the maximum number of veteran levels supported
by the code. This can't, for obvious reasons, be in the ruleset...

> 3) NONE spy can't escape.
>
>    struct city *spyhome = find_city_by_id (pdiplomat->homecity);
>    if (!spyhome) {
>      send_unit_info (pplayer, pdiplomat);
>      freelog(LOG_ERROR, "Bug in diplomat_escape: Unhomed Spy.");
>      return;
>    }
>
> in this case "spyhome" should be capital or (if Palace is destroyed)
> first city on list or nerrest friendly city.

Right. Also, if we don't have any cities (also theoretically possible), it
should simply die, without any error message (it is not an error
situation).

  - Per