Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4278) goto.c 1.49

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4278) goto.c 1.49
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:37:40 -0700

> Anyway, which route to an off-shore tile would you prefer, the one which
> gets there fastest but is potentially dangerous (i.e. the trireme might
> end up there with no moves left), or the one which is the safest (the
> trireme will have maximum possible movepoints left) ?

I think the goto calculation is OK as it is. (If I set a goto target far
away it is OK to use the safe route.) My problem, is that I usually use
'g' and mouse click to move my
units. (For me it is faster.) If I see a fish on the sea I know that
there should be coast
next to that tile, but I can not goto there. Anyway if I say goto to the
neighbour tile I
prefer to do it without any problems as it was in 1.48.
Since the segfault is solved the this bug can be closed from my side.
The opinion above can be a feature request if you like.
Thanks
Sandor