Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4278) goto.c 1.49

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4278) goto.c 1.49
From: "Cameron Morland" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:26:36 -0700

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:49:29AM -0700, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 07:28:10AM -0700, Cameron Morland wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:34:36AM -0700, Guest wrote:
> > > The log says, that this revision is almost fully rewritten.
> > > Now with my tireme when I want to move away from the coast with goto, I
> > > receive a Segmentation fault. When I move the tireme by hand with
> > > direction buttons it works.
> > > I receive the same result when at the beginning I say goto to my
> > > settlers, and push my mouse on e.g. sea. The second time gives segfault.
> >
> > Similarly, if you are driving a boat, such as an ironclad, and you try
> > to goto a land unit on land (eg a cannon sitting on the plains),
> > because you want to attack it and are too lazy to drive by hand, the
> > client segfaults.
>
> Do you have a savegame which shows this?
>
> > And the goto code tries to drive through enemy cities, which doesn't
> > make any sense.
>
> This is easy to change. See the attached patch. The patch compiles but
> is untested.

It appears to work. I'm not familiar with that code, but using
'pplayers_at_war' implies that it will be false for two human players
which are not at war, but also not allied. Try thing with the attached
friendly.sav.gz; connect as "cjmorlan./" (oops), then tell the
destroyer to goto north-west of Salvador; it will try to go through
Salvador. Now declare war, and do it again; it will fail to find a
route.

One thing I noticed about the crash behaviour: if you select "goto",
then pass the mouse over a tile where a valid path is generated, so
that it traces out a path, then click, it doesn't crash. It only
crashes if there was never a valid path, ie if you hit 'g' while
pointing at land, and then moved to the enemy land unit. It still says
"Didn't find a route to the destination!", but it doesn't crash.

--