Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Never-Ending Spacerace

To: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Never-Ending Spacerace
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:13:51 -0300 (ADT)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Mark Metson (markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > I have already been working on scenarios for the colonists,
> > presently I assume all the players all landed on the same planet with the
> > same number of engineer units at the same time.
>
> You could call it Mark Metson's Alpha Centauri. ;-)

HeeHee. Actually I called it "Proxima Centauri (Oops wrong planet!)"

The idea being somehow everyone all ends up landing at once on the same
planet but it is not the expected planet at all so the space race is still
on, everyone can still try to reach Alpha Centauri. Meanwhile there are
some quirks to this new world they have landed on, such as all the high
tech ships have the Trireme flag, something in the oceans does not seem to
agree with all that steel or technology or pollution or something...

Plus during the voyage who knows what politics and religion might have
been going on, by the time of the landing the captain is a despot and
people will have to work out all over again what other kind of government
might be appropriate. I am trying to make the the basic choice be whether
to rebuild "Basic industry" with all its pollution and such or to go
native and learn to ride beasts and use sail and maybe even learn to
communicate with the native intelligences and maybe even discover "The
Force"...

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/