Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Never-Ending Spacerace

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Never-Ending Spacerace
From: Joseph Ennis <ennisj471@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:39:16PM -0300, Mark
> Metson wrote:
> >
> > I would like an option allowing the game to have
> the spacerace but to not
> > end when someone reaches the destination
> star/planet.
> >
> > This is so that the mother-planet can continue to
> have effects upon the
> > colonised planet when we proceed to play out what
> happens on the new
> > planet. I have already been working on scenarios
> for the colonists,
> > presently I assume all the players all landed on
> the same planet with the
> > same number of engineer units at the same time.
> But eventually it would be
> > nice to be able to stagger their arrival in accord
> with how far behind
> > each other they were in the space-race.
>
> But doesn't this increase the gap between the best
> and the second
> player if the first player has the planet 20 turns
> for him alone?
>
>       Raimar

Does that matter? This seems like the fair answer.

You should be able to choose the landing site on the
new planet (at least with some amount of precision --
i.e. this contienent or that island), so you shouldn't
be too close to another player's cities, unless you're
*really* far behind or the other player spread
him/herself too thin.

Not that I expect to see this feature in freeciv for
quite a while. (I'm willing to help out, though)

--Andrew E.