Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions/Ideas

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions/Ideas
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:11:24 +0200

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:14:30AM +0200, ?ukasz Rekucki wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

Here are my thoughts.

Only certain ships are allowed to sail up rivers. But restricting this to
Triremes makes it nearly useless. I would allow everything up to a
Destroyer, so you have fun all over the game :-)

Only certain tiles may be used. Ships shouldn't be allowed on hills and
mountains, it's too unrealistic.

Ships should impose a ZOC when on rivers. Why not, they are aggressive
units.

Ships should respect ZOC when on rivers. Every defence is rendered useless
if they don't.

Ships shouldn't have a defence bonus on rivers. Defence boni of tiles don't
apply. This makes it pretty unfair.

Ships can be attacked by any unit when on rivers. No penalty for attackers.
Ships are strong units.

Movement: Same as on sea.

Sight: I'm not sure. Reducing sight to one when on rivers is realistic.

Load: Units on a ship cannot fortify, but can be unloaded and fortify on the
very river tile.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/