Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3664) Server doesn't react while send_all_info(&pconn-

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3664) Server doesn't react while send_all_info(&pconn->self);
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:21:28 -0800

[vasc - Tue Mar 11 03:59:42 2003]:

All this talk is making me consider several approaches to completely
remake the Freeciv network protocol or a substancial part of the same.

However I doubt I have the time for implementing this.

I'm in the process of finishing the GTK+ 2.0 client port which is some
60% complete at the moment. I still have the new metaserver code in the
backburner.

To remake the Freeciv network protocol we also need *real* hard info on
*real* games on civserver. Something like graphs displaying the amount
of packets sent vs time and the amount of data sent vs time.
With the packets classified into the appropriate types.