[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:28:49 +0000

Per,

Quoting "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Err. It's not sooo easy.  Let's do an example, map overlapping one square
> > into the ocean.
>
> You change pf code. I am not going to touch that. Either it is possible to
> implement overlapping without changing pf code, or I'm sending the ball
> back to the two of you.

Now, now.  It was never going to be easy.  You will always have to write
callbacks if you want something not completely boringly standard.  It will be
easier in the current interface.   Also, right now I wrote the callbacks for
you.  Also fixed a bug or two in the diplomat code.  It seems to work.

Raimar,

Attached is my attempt to minimize the interface.  Not hugely successful.  If
you can see what else can we ditch, please point it out to me.  I think we can
get rid of get_TB, since get_cost callback can absorb it easily.  It wouldn't be
possible to cache TB but is caching really helping the speed?

get_cost callback has more variables than is really necessary.  One can of
course use MAPSTEP to generate those on site, but I am not convinced it's faster
than passing them.

Anyway, I hope you find new interface ok.

G.