Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2748) 3 mapgen patches now through rt (sorry about

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2748) 3 mapgen patches now through rt (sorry about that) --- 1 of 3
From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:52:16 -0500

* Greg Wooledge (greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Gregory Berkolaiko (Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember river flowing through a forest, at least in civ2.
> > Davide, where art thou?
>
> Civ1 rivers are a separate terrain type.  Civ2 rivers are a modifier
> to other terrain types (such as grassland, forest, etc.) -- or maybe
> they flow *between* the tiles instead of through the centers of them.
> I can't recall precisely, since it's been a few years since I played
> Civ2.

Civ2 rivers flow through the center of the tiles, and give movement
bonus (small movement cost). Civ3 rivers are between tiles, and give
commerce bonus, but movement malus when crossing them (even with road,
until the discovery of "engineering", I think, but I am not sure about
this).

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.