[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2587) class and legend data patch -- oops, with pa

To: esr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2587) class and legend data patch -- oops, with patch this time!
From: "Miguel Farah via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:30:07 -0800

 esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT [17/12/2002 08:37] dijo/said:
>Miguel Farah via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> There's the muslim calendar, too.
>>
>> Why not go all the way and add support for arbitrary calendars?
>
>You misunderstand.  CE/BCE is the same UN-standard calendar, it's just a
>way of naming same that doesn't have Christian connotations.

I do understand you. What I meant to say is: why don't we add support
for arbitrary calendars, so whoever starts up a game can use whatever
calendar he wants (christian, common, hebrew, muslim, that one from the
French Revolution whose name I keep forgetting, etcetera)?

Let's say that a muslim palestinian wants to play a game, where he'll
play the arabs against two AIs: the mediochre persians and the EVIL
turks. It'd make much more sense for him to play using the muslim
calendar instead of the christian one.

I'd propose to let each player use its own calendar, but that is WAY too
complex to handle.