[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2587) class and legend data patch -- oops, with pa

To: esr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2587) class and legend data patch -- oops, with patch this time!
From: "cameron@xxxxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:25:18 -0800

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:14:37AM -0800, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 08:39:02AM -0800, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:26:28AM -0800, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not personally attached to the Common Era/Before Common Era
> > > usage myself.  but unless we want to assume all the users of this
> > > software will be Christians :-)...
> >
> > We don't want and can't assume this.
> >
> > I'm not a native speaker. So I can't decide this.
>
> Nor am I. But I think using "BC" and "AD" doesn't require you to be
> a christian. It's just common.

CE and BCE are not unheard of, it is might be becoming more common, but BC and
AD are still much more common, and immediately understood. Many people will
give yo u a blank look if you try to talk CE and BCE with them. Of course, this
is only in my experience, language use will vary from place to place. I would
also suggest using BC and AD for the time being.