[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2329) Portattacks 7

To: raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2329) Portattacks 7
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:49:34 -0800

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 02:15:23AM -0800, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> Raimar's idea seems far too hard for me. The idea of adding x,y,z co-ords is
> too difficult for me. And subs will be 4 dimensional, requiring yet another
> axis. So Sub and Air units will need at least two more axes. I don't think you
> have thought this through.
>
> If Raimar volunteers to implement his idea, I'm all for it. But Battle Isle
> has
> far too complex a system to be implemented in Freeciv easily. It's a good
> idea,
> but it needs someone who understands a lot more math than I do to implement it
> properly. I can't even follow Jason's pos_to_pos patches, let alone what
> Raimar
> is proposing.

Instead of one attack power per unit type you have one attack power
per layer and unit type. If the attack power is zero the unit type
can't attack this layer.

A legion would have:
 attack_power_normal_ground=4
and the others are zero.

Catapult:
 attack_power_normal_ground=6
 attack_power_swimming=4

Trireme:
 attack_power_swimming=1

AEGIS Cruiser:
 attack_power_normal_ground=4
 attack_power_swimming=6
 attack_power_dived=5
 attack_power_flying=30
 attack_power_flying_high=30

Submarine:
 attack_power_swimming=10
 attack_power_dived=10

Fighter:
 attack_power_flying=4

Bomber:
 attack_power_normal_ground=12
 attack_power_swimming=12

Stealth Fighter: can fly high
 attack_power_flying=8
 attack_power_flying_high=8

Stealth Bomber: can fly high
 attack_power_normal_ground=18
 attack_power_swimming=18

Stealth Bombers are now a real good since only an AEGIS Cruiser and a
SAM Battery can defend against them. And a not-yet-existing AA unit.

Nuclear:
 attack_power_normal_ground=99
 attack_power_swimming=99
 attack_power_dived=99
 attack_power_flying=10
not effective against air planes (think Air Force One).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "- Amiga Y2K fixes (a bit late, wouldn't you say?)"