Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: console cleanup 3 (PR#1749)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: console cleanup 3 (PR#1749)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > What about /rulesout? Do I get a license to kill?
>
> Will this also remove server/rulesout?

Yes.

> I never used it but there have to bea reason for this command/code.

It outputs the techs ruleset in even more human readable form. dwp used
this to generate his tech tree pdf. I am not aware that it had or has any
other uses. In my opinion, it is bad hack, and when we get generalised
this and generalised that, it has either to be rewritten or abandoned
anyway. I doubt anyone is really interested in doing the former.

In any case, such a feature should not be in the server, but should be a
stand alone program/patch like civworld. See my unit testing patch for an
example of how simple this can be done.

From ChangeLog: