Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: console cleanup 3 (PR#1749)

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: console cleanup 3 (PR#1749)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:43:28 +0200

Dear diary, on Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 01:58:20PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 04:52:28AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > >
> > > I used crash in the past. It should stay.
> >
> > Ok. But can you explain to me how crash is useful? This eludes me.
>
> If you want to inspect some server state you can either add freelogs
> or crash the server and use gdb. The latter is useful if you want/have
> to work interactive.

You can attach gdb to running civserver process, and it's even better as you've
the civserver still "alive". Or, you can just kill -SEGV <civserver_pid>, can't
you? ;)

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* IRCnet operator                  * FreeCiv AI occassional hacker
.
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a
kind word alone. -- Al Capone
.