[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 01:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 09:08 AM 02/05/17 -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> ><snip>

> >> My opinion was and still is: trident for the non-iso case and I don't
> >> care about the iso one.
> >
> >Ok. So you have agreed to go with the poll result. Trident has to stay. Most
> >tilesets seem to rely on its graphics. One down, one to go. Mike?
>
> If you use trident for the default, and that is pretty much fixed, then
> you should use isotrident for the iso case.

That does not compute. Hires used to be the default when trident was the
standard for the overview. It is misleading to call trident the default,
because when the average user starts the game, it is not trident he sees. Let's
just have the poll, and let the winning tileset ship with the release.

In the meantime, could one of the maintainers ship Cevo2.tgz or whatever is
Daniel's latest with CVS and the stable release?

Aloha,
RK.

What better work for one who loves freedom than the job of Watchman? Law is the
servant of Freedom. Freedom without limits is just a word.
{Feet of Clay, 1996, Terry Pratchett)