[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:42:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Isotrident is not a good choice for the default tileset of Freeciv. It
> doesn't bring the eyecandy factor to Freeciv. Or as Thue put it, "My brother
> thought Freeciv was ugly. So I added Isometric view". In the same spirit,
> don't use Isotrident as the default tileset. I would prefer for there to be a
> Freeciv poll on the issue on the best default tileset.
>
> Finally someone who agrees with me :)

:). You already knew that. I have to confess, the only reason I want a poll is
that I'm certain of the result. I doubt anyone shares Raimar/Mike's taste in
graphics. New users like eyecandy. I've just learned that apparently most of
the Freeciv users don't EVER download a new tileset. I'm disillusioned.

I thought our users were smart, and capable of solving their own problems. I
don't refer to the users on windows/MacOS/Amiga of course. Only our unix users.
But even these guys have let me down.

This leads to a rethink on the sound issue. Per, you should consider putting it
in the stable release. Possibly even CVS.

Aloha,
RK.

The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they
invent mercy.
{Witches Abroad, 1991}