[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 19:38:03 -0400

At 09:08 AM 02/05/17 -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
><snip>

>> > I doubt anyone shares Raimar/Mike's taste in graphics.
>>
>> My opinion was and still is: trident for the non-iso case and I don't
>> care about the iso one.
>
>Ok. So you have agreed to go with the poll result. Trident has to stay. Most
>tilesets seem to rely on its graphics. One down, one to go. Mike?

If you use trident for the default, and that is pretty much fixed, then
you should use isotrident for the iso case.

I personally prefer isotrident now that Daniel has it fixed up.

If you are concerned with users not usderstanding about multiple tilesets
then ship a second tileset of each and an explanation in the readme of how
to load the alternate. Then mention that there are "n" more at "blort" to
download.

This is good for the following reasons ...

1)  The trident is the standard and things look professionally consistent.
2)  The alternates don't require any download effort or sophisticated install.
3)  The readme suggestions will probably pique enough interest for most
    to try it at least once if the try instructions are simple enough. If
    they can do it with one, and like it, they will try others.

>Aloha,
>RK.

Cheers,
RossW