[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

<snip>

> Looks like a new iso tileset is created every two weeks. It is hard to
> have to default iso tileset up to date with this rate of changes.

This rate of change is a good thing. I'm glad Daniel is productive. That's why
Daniel posted the link showing the different tilesets. This tileset change only
matters before release of a stable version.

> > > Finally someone who agrees with me :)
> >
> > :). You already knew that. I have to confess, the only reason I want a poll
> is that I'm certain of the result.
>
> > I doubt anyone shares Raimar/Mike's taste in graphics.
>
> My opinion was and still is: trident for the non-iso case and I don't
> care about the iso one.

Ok. So you have agreed to go with the poll result. Trident has to stay. Most
tilesets seem to rely on its graphics. One down, one to go. Mike?

> > I've just learned that apparently most of the Freeciv users don't
> > EVER download a new tileset. I'm disillusioned.
>
> Quite possible.

I used to think Unix users to be a cut above the rabble who use other OS'es.
Am I really the only one surprised? ( And for those of you wanting to jump on
me
claiming BSD/Linux is not Unix, it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, you
should consider the possibility that you have an aquatic bird on your hands).

> > This leads to a rethink on the sound issue. Per, you should consider
> putting it in the stable release. Possibly even CVS.
>
> The plan was that there will be a release tar.gz containing the
> sounds.

Good. It's nice to see you thinking two steps ahead ;-). Play any chess?

Aloha,
RK.

Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you
want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
{Lords and Ladies, 1992, Terry Pratchett}