[Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch (5)

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch (5)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:19:23 -0500

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 10:46:21AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 05:15:51PM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > Either this or we this leave the whole patch out ;) Do you remember
> > > that I said "it looks painless"?
> >
> > Famous last words ;-)
> >
> > I say we just leave it out.
>
> nah, not yet, I'll take a quick look today. If the solution isn't
> forthcoming, we can dump.

here's version 5. It was not painless, but it works and it's here.

o xaw now uses a scroll widget.
o I grouped the events (since we're breaking rc compatibility anyway)

the scrollbar crowds the rest of the window, so I had to resort to a
hack to prevent losing text. If someone hacks X on a regular basis and
knows how to do this correctly, I'd sure like to know.

Oh, I noticed that we get stuff like this:

Warning: constraint loop detected while laying out child 'label' in
FormWidget 'optionform'
Warning: constraint loop detected while laying out child 'label' in
FormWidget 'optionform'

on "Local Options". We ought to fix this.

-mike