[Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch (6)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch (6)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:02:46 +0200

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 06:29:58PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 05:19:23PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> >
> > here's version 5. It was not painless, but it works and it's here.
> >
> > o xaw now uses a scroll widget.
> > o I grouped the events (since we're breaking rc compatibility anyway)
> >
> > the scrollbar crowds the rest of the window, so I had to resort to a
> > hack to prevent losing text. If someone hacks X on a regular basis and
> > knows how to do this correctly, I'd sure like to know.
> >
> > Oh, I noticed that we get stuff like this:
> >
> > Warning: constraint loop detected while laying out child 'label' in
> > FormWidget 'optionform'
> > Warning: constraint loop detected while laying out child 'label' in
> > FormWidget 'optionform'
> >
> > on "Local Options". We ought to fix this.
> >

> here's version 6:
>
> o tiny bit of cleanup in gui-xaw/messagedlg.c
> o gtk1.2 messagedlg now scrolls like the others
> o fixed bug in gtk messagedlg where WM delete wouldn't delete the window
> o fixed bug in gui-xaw optionsdlg that caused constraint loops.
>   - I know that this was introduced when the GTK accel option was put in.
>   - I know that the reason is that the label was the longest of the bunch.
>   - I don't know why that caused the problem.
>   - I don't know why my fix fixes the problem.
>   - It does though.
>
> It's ready.

I don't like the scrolling. IMHO the correct way is to provide tabbed
panes for "city related events", "unit related events", "diplomat
related events", "diplomacy related events" and "misc events".

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to