[Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: notifies cleanup patch
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:04:08 +0200

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:25:17PM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> This patch cleans up a few notifies and splits the diplomat events up into
> multiple events, so that each can have its own sound and be handled
> separatedly.
>
> It needs testing. Please test with your favourite save game. Check if the
> new, bigger, badder message dialog window suits your screen resolution.
>
> It also needs careful review. There are some changes in the client code
> where I am rather uncertain if I did the right thing.
>
> Autogames are identical pre and post patch.

Version 3. Changes:
 - added an event for shared vision
 - added is_city_event
 - since the new message option dialog doesn't fit on my 1024x768
 display I have made it three columns (actually you can choose the
 number of columns freely (at compile time)).
 - added one unit lost event
 - various formatting cleanups

TODO:
 - three columns display for GTK2 (also the change I made to GTK2 for
 the is_city_event is untested)
 - [after the release] create some structure for the events and make
 the message option dialog a tabbed pane with "Unit related events",
 "City related events", "Diplomacy ....", ...

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks