[Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:07:56 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:

> At 09:35 AM 02/04/27 +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> >So I learned that the original way posted in Jan from me was wrong. I
> >would like to try the beta time with no extra branches and see what
> >will happen. It may also be helpful if Jason can describe (I wasn't
>
> But blocking development or penalizing developers that are moving ahead
> within their feature areas is not a particularly good way to correct the
> original mistakes in poor judgment. Rather it continues to compund them.

Also, many of the developers (actually, all) are not working on Freeciv
full-time.  What happens if their less-busy spell occurs when the
chieftans decide to freeze the developers.  Are they left to fish for the
bugs that other people cared to introduce?  Great.

The only reasonable solution is to fork.  Not that I expect the
"developing" branch to change very much...

G.