[Freeciv-Dev] It is feature freeze time

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] It is feature freeze time
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:25:06 +0200 (MEST)

It is time to start considering a release again.

While a period of beta testing is frustrating since no "real"
development is done, it is necessary to get a release out the
door now. We've been taking much too long already.

The following patches are scheduled to go in before we close
the doors to new features for this release:
  --> autoconf 2.52 support
  --> natural city names
  --> change of included tilesets
  --> notifies cleanup
  --> a new README.AI

Sorry if your favourite patch isn't in the list above. We just had to draw
the line somewhere. We'll try to reduce the time it takes to get a release
out significantly until next time.

Once these five patches are in, we should soon have the first beta test
version of the source code for this release cycle ready. So please help
out testing and reviewing the above patches to get this done quickly.

The beta test period will last for as long as it takes to weed out all
release critical bugs. Or at least two weeks. Whichever takes longer.

 -- The Freeciv Maintainers