[Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:46:43 -0400

Raimar Falke wrote:
On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 01:34:55AM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:

The sensible thing for the release beta is to spin off a branch
at feature freeze, and only allow bugfixes on that branch. The
regular CVS mainline can continue as the development branch.

This sort of process management would probably result in a lot
less apologizing and general irritation all round - especially
that resulting from perceptions of the arbitrary favouritism.

This also means you can continue beta fixing as long as you need
to get the thing stable without pressure from developers or
losing those you have, so there are benefits on both sides.