[Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: It is feature freeze time
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:24:33 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> So the test contains the FC_TEST stuff and the savegame. Where is the
> FC_TEST stuff?

For example, tests/server.c. This would be a slim version of
server/srv_main.c and server/civserver.c put into one. It produces a
miniature server binary useful only for loading a savegame and running
some tests. The savegame would be eg tests/server.sav.

> In the normal code?

If by normal code you mean together with code that is linked to produce
the client or the server, then no. If by normal code you mean something
that is an integral part of the distribution and the total codebase, then
yes.

> Another way would be to have the FC_TESTs as a
> patch (which is together with the savegame is included in the CVS
> tree). But this is required some kind of scripts to patch the tree,
> apply the patch and test the savegame.

Interesting idea, but too much work to both use and maintain. Also, I want
it totally separate (in a separate directory) from the rest of the code.

Yours,
Per

Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
 -- KMFDM, Dogma