[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Macroisotrident 7

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Macroisotrident 7
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:30:31 -0400 (EDT)

I've been rather busy in the real world lately -- preparing for the
protests last week and then catching up with the rest of my life
afterwards.  I'm starting to wish I'd gotten myself back into freeciv
sooner.

Could we have some sort of feature freeze exemption for patches whose
authors were away?  If I'd been active, I would have been pushing for
inclution of activeunits and nationselect (they're both completely ready
-- well tested, stable codebase, no known bugs).  Activeunits was even in
the original list of release features.  Please?

Anyway, you asked about tilesets.  I've looked through you're points, and
actually moved a little toward implementing it.  I've got some other
alignment issues to fix too.  Expect Macroisotrident 8 sometime soon.

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."