[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:49:53 +0100 (BST)

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I read your proposal.  It mostly deals with the path-finding, which is the
structure above the map.  IMO path finding accounts for a quite small
percentage of the map-generation used by the AI.  So I think we should
start from the map.

My proposal for the move cost map interface is coming in the next email.

A question:
does pf_get_path_from_map return you the "best path" or a path with
minimal FC and than you'd use pf_get_next_path_from_map to find the best
one?

A comment:
as you'll see from my map proposal I'd prefer to get the possibility of a
BMC-callback too.

What types of path searches do you have in mind?

Best,
G.