[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:33:45 -0400

At 12:14 PM 02/04/10 +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>Read your latest path_finding3.h
>Still not sure how get_next_path is supposed to be used?

Poorly ...

>Is it just very expensive version of my get_next_location?
>Is the map supposed to be ready by the time you call it?

Raimar likes expensive (server) algorithms. If he can slow the server
down enough with a function call wrapper for every three lines of code
or an open ended loop to retrieve a final value from the enumerated
possibilities, then the CMA clients won't die from buffer overruns
as they try to read server data and do their own heavy processing. :-)

Seriously, this problem calls for a little more thought and reuse of
some past ideas and general concepts rather than a quick code hack
with limited goals in mind.

The dynamic warmap code is 90% of the way there already though, and
with some of the 9% or so you left out in the earlier pass it should
be even closer.

>G.

Cheers,
RossW