[Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] Sound #15

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] Sound #15
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:01:07 +0100

Changes to version 14 of Per:
 - remove sound packet (now all sound events are either:
    * generate by events (either server generated or client generated) or
    * are special (create a building, move a unit, unit fight) (these
      are also the ones which allow alternate tags)
 - revert the enum change in audio.c
 - add three new event types
 - change the readme and the stdsounds.spec
 - revert the change to perfer ESD
 - to the users of freeciv-test: note that although this is patch has
 the same capability as the previous one the network protocol is
 incompatible

Open things:
 - someone has to update the civ2 soundspec
 - maybe we should consider another extension over ".spec". It is used
 by RPM.
 - we have to decide whether we include the stdsounds wavs in the
 normal CVS tree or in another tree or provide them as tar.gz (we have
 to decide the same (one tar with source and wavs OR one source tar
 and one sound tar) for the distribution of the release. But this
 doesn't have to happen now)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I do feel kind of sorry for Microsoft. Their attornies and marketing