[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Connection dialog version 13

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Connection dialog version 13
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:53:15 +0100

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 02:02:17AM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> +static void join_game_callback(GtkWidget *w, gpointer data)
> +{
> +  if (w)
>
> if (w != NULL)

You won't see this ([!=]= NULL) in the current code anymore.

> +    _exit(1);
>
> What is _exit?

DESCRIPTION
       _exit terminates the calling process immediately. Any open file
       descriptors belonging to the process are closed; any children
       of the process are inherited by process 1, init, and the
       process's parent is sent a SIGCHLD signal.

       status is returned to the parent process as the process's exit
       status, and can be collected using one of the
       wait family of calls.

RETURN VALUE
       _exit never returns.

CONFORMING TO
       SVr4, SVID, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3

NOTES
       _exit does not call any functions registered with the ANSI C
       atexit function and does not flush standard I/O
       buffers. To do these things, use exit(3).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari