[Freeciv-Dev] Connection dialog version 13

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Connection dialog version 13
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:46:40 -0500 (EST)

Here is the next version of the game starting patch.

It includes the write()=>send_server_commandline() fix from freeciv-test
(thanks), so the loading freezes shoudl be innihilated.

It now uses gtk_widget_{hide|show} for the server controls, so no more
doubling.  Furthermore, I've found the cause of the ctrl-z/fg
dissappearence bug -- when a gtk process is restored, it briefly creates a
child process, whose termination triggered the SIGCHLD handler.  The
handler now checks the child's PID more carefully.  In addition, the
controls can be mannually shown/hid by the user.

Finally, I have added routines to kill the server when the client shuts
down.  I'm not sure if I hit every case, but the number of runaway
civservers is much reduced.

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."