[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:03:30 +0100

[ merging the two emails ]

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 03:40:17AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 08:28:43PM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > > I've run into difficulties trying to test the sound patch yet again ...
> > arrgh!
> > >
> > > After copying the patch to the freeciv/ directory containing the untarred
> > > freeciv-cvs-Mar-16.tar.bz2  and running
> > >
> > > patch < sound15.diff -p0
> > >
> > > Successful, with no rejects.
> > >
> > > ./configure --disable-nls && make -j3
> >
> > Can't work.
> >
> > > After running autoheader;automake;autoconf
> >
> > Better.
> >
> > > ./configure: line 5909: syntax error near unexpected token
> > > `AM_PATH_ESD($ESD_VERSION,'
> > > ./configure: line 5909: `  AM_PATH_ESD($ESD_VERSION, :, ESD=no)
> >
> > Run aclocal even before autoheader.
> >

> I tried running aclocal. That fails.
>
> I tried that. It failed with
>
> aclocal: configure.in: 157: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
>
> I don't know why. I do have gnu gettext installed, just not the correct
> version.

Can you try aclocal with a clean CVS tree?

> > > My ESD libraries are
> > >
> > > esound 0.2.22-4mdk
> > > libesound0 0.2.22-4mdk
> > > esound0-devel 0.2.22-4mdk
> > >
> > > I'm using Mandrake 8.0 with Ximian 1.4 installed. What distro are you
> > running
> > > Raimar?
> >
> > Redhat 7.0 with some updated key components (gcc 3.0.3, kernel
> > 2.4.18,...).
>
> I was more interested in your sound libraries. I doubt gcc and kernel
> matter(do
> they?).

> I'm also interested in the last version of CVS you knew to work with
> the sound 15 patch.

I have just tried the current CVS version and it still works.

Ok let up compare our versions:
$ rpm -q esound autoconf automake gettext
esound-0.2.20-1
autoconf-2.13-9
automake-1.4-8
gettext-0.10.38-7

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters