[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:13:04 -0800 (PST)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Run aclocal even before autoheader.
> > >

> > I tried running aclocal. That fails.
> >
> > I tried that. It failed with
> >
> > aclocal: configure.in: 157: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> >
> > I don't know why. I do have gnu gettext instaesound-0.2.22-ximian.3
autoconf-2.13-7mdk
automake-1.4-15mdk
gettext-0.10.40-1

lled, just not the correct
> > version.
>
> Can you try aclocal with a clean CVS tree?

Tried against March 18 CVS. I still get the same error. The configure test
always fails to find my gnu gettext with the same error message as above. I do
not know why. Will someone speak up who has succeeded in compiling the sound 15
patch on Mandrake 8.0?

> > > running
> > >
> > > Redhat 7.0 with some updated key components (gcc 3.0.3, kernel
> > > 2.4.18,...).
> >
> > I was more interested in your sound libraries. I doubt gcc and kernel
> matter(do
> > they?).
>
> > I'm also interested in the last version of CVS you knew to work with
> > the sound 15 patch.
>
> I have just tried the current CVS version and it still works.
>
> Ok let up compare our versions:
> $ rpm -q esound autoconf automake gettext
> esound-0.2.20-1
> autoconf-2.13-9
> automake-1.4-8
> gettext-0.10.38-7

You've shown me yours. Let me show you mine

autoconf-2.13-7mdk
automake-1.4-15mdk
esound-0.2.22-ximian.3
gettext-0.10.40-1