Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:30:17 -0800 (PST)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> other
> > >
> > > AI has no particular dislikes of human player - is player as all others
> are.
> > > Did you ever hear about autogames? ;p
>
> Since we have no concept of "allied victory" at the moment, when allied
> players win, they continue until 2001AD, in peace (ie nothing interesting
> happens). I can think of many ways to solve this without using teams, but
> none without serious problems.
>
> I will introduce 'team victory' in a later teams patch. AIs who are not in
> teams should break alliances if it has no enemies left. Teams should be
> used in modpacks to prevent this. I agree that they should not sit idle.
> Maybe if they are 'easy' AIs, but not otherwise.

> Raahul, you reviewed version 1 of the patch when I had already posted
> version 2 :(

Sorry. I'll be reviewing ver 2 soon. I thought ver 2 was on top of ver 1.

> > I've conquered AI cities with trade routes established. I never sent a
> caravan
> > there, and I click on trade routes and I see 3 of them used up. The TODO is
> > unreliable at best.
>
> I saw the AI was sending caravans to allied, foreign cities today. I
> didn't check if there were trade routes, but why I else would it do
> that...

Read the emails to Petr I sent about the AI handling caravans. In summary, yes
the AI uses caravans first for building wonders. Otherwise, if there are not
higher priority wants to be satisfied(all military units are higher priority)
it really does use caravans to make trade routes with ITS own cities. After
your patch I believe it will finally make trade routes with any and all civs.