Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:25:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear diary, on Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:03:00PM CET, I got a letter, where
> Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> size
> > >
> > > It doesn't as is obvious from the code - and the TODO implies that as
> well.
> > >

> > Obvious from the code. Hmm must be some new definition of obvious. In
> > particular from line 1630 onwards in the ai/aiunit.c. So to be blunt, the
> > todo is wrong, and I'm not sure what code you are referring to that makes
> it
> > obvious that the AI does not establish trade routes.
> >
> > I'll expect your grovelling apologies.
>
> 1629 in your listing - it iterates only in citiees belonging to pplayer.
> Per's
> second patch is changing that, fullfilling the TODO and removing it :).

Where's the grovelling ;)?
Per is a regular superman. I'm surprised Tony hasn't had any comments on the
diplomacy front. I thought he was working on diplomacy code the last I heard.
Tony?

<snip>
> > 1627 /* A caravan without a home?  Kinda strange, but it might happen.  */
> > 1628 pcity=player_find_city_by_id(pplayer, punit->homecity);
> > 1629 city_list_iterate(pplayer->cities,pdest)
> > 1630 if (pcity && can_establish_trade_route(pcity,pdest) &&
> > 1631 map_same_continent(pcity->x, pcity->y, pdest->x, pdest->y)) {
> > 1632 tradeval=trade_between_cities(pcity, pdest);
> > 1633 if (tradeval) {
> > 1634 if (best < tradeval) {
> > 1635 best=tradeval;
> > 1636 best_city=pdest->id;
> > 1637 }
> > 1638 }
> > 1639 }
>
> Oh nice nice, w/o indentation in order to give me some more fun.. thanks! ;)

You're welcome. LOL.

> **************************************************************************/
> unit *punit)
> pounds.

> > > Why yes? It's kinda funny and no particular reason why to remove it; the
> code
> > > has to be a little funny in onder to revive programmer lost in the
> wilderness
> > > of Syela's code.
> > >

> > K, funny code is good enough reason. But when the AI crew is done no one
> else
> > will ever get lost in that wilderness again.
>
> It won't be done yet for some time ;). And then we'll find another reason why
> to keep it there, I hope :).
>
> --
>
>                               Petr "Pasky" Baudis
>
> * elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
> * IRCnet operator                  * FreeCiv AI hacker
> .
> No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
> .
> Public PGP key && geekcode && homepage: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/

We're getting further and further to the goal. And maybe the server side code
will die if the CMA really takes off.