Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances (PR#1277)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:25:49 +0100 (MET)

> > > No I mean if it KO's the human player, it should go on to stomp the other
> > > AI's. World Domination.
> >
> > AI has no particular dislikes of human player - is player as all others are.
> > Did you ever hear about autogames? ;p

Since we have no concept of "allied victory" at the moment, when allied
players win, they continue until 2001AD, in peace (ie nothing interesting
happens). I can think of many ways to solve this without using teams, but
none without serious problems.

I will introduce 'team victory' in a later teams patch. AIs who are not in
teams should break alliances if it has no enemies left. Teams should be
used in modpacks to prevent this. I agree that they should not sit idle.
Maybe if they are 'easy' AIs, but not otherwise.

> > > Per said it was done in the readme to his later patches.

Raahul, you reviewed version 1 of the patch when I had already posted
version 2 :(

> I've conquered AI cities with trade routes established. I never sent a caravan
> there, and I click on trade routes and I see 3 of them used up. The TODO is
> unreliable at best.

I saw the AI was sending caravans to allied, foreign cities today. I
didn't check if there were trade routes, but why I else would it do
that...

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli