Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: killstack patch for February 8th CVS

To: James Christensen <jmlchristensen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: killstack patch for February 8th CVS
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:20:17 +0100

Dear diary, on Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:04:12PM CET, I got a letter, where James
Christensen <jmlchristensen@xxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> This is Martin Olveyra's killstack patch minus his enhanced combat system.
>
> Adding killstack = 0 to game.ruleset changes a successful attack on a stack
> of units from killing the whole stack to only killing the immediate defender.
>
> I guessed on the capability test, copying it from the tech_cost_style stuff.
> I assumed (foolishly?) that the capability string come from the ruleset
> files.

It's possible that AI will be somewhat confused from this, making some wrong
decisions. It's certainly not a blocker for the patch, as it's imho not sane to
want someone to change this assumption in the current code :). It would be
however nice to add a small note at the bottom of TODO or README.AI about
needing to fix this when the code will be more clean and someone'll be bored.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
.