[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civserver segfault with new research system (PR#1221)

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civserver segfault with new research system (PR#1221)
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:27:59 -0500 (EST)

> > > That is the question.
> >
> >    I would say no.  I think it's possible for them to get techs, but not
> > to research them.
>
> Well where do you put the special cases for barbarians?
> A flexible solution is to make barbarians always set science to 0%.

IANAFH (I am not a freeciv hacker), but ...

   That's one way, but I think it would be easier to put the chokepoint
(so-to-speak) in the code where you increase the amount of research done
(where the lightbulb total increases).  It's relatively well-defined, and
would take care of cases where science is set to non-zero for whatever
reason, or if something gives the barbarians some light bulbs.

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx