[Freeciv-Dev] covserver testing (was: Re: civserver segfault with new re

Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] covserver testing (was: Re: civserver segfault with new research system)
From: Jason Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:24:30 -0500

Justin Moore wrote:

   *nod* I've hacked together a quick script to do some automated testing
of 10 all-AI games, each with different parameters.  Hopefully this'll
catch a few problems in current CVS.  If anyone has a script they'd like
to see make it into the test suite, let me know what it's testing and I'll
go ahead and stick it into the test harness.

This is a more general testing perl script. It assembles a psuedo-random rc file (for an all-ai autogame), then runs a civserver with that rc. Then it repeats so long as the civserver didn't exit abnormally.

I've been using it for a while now...but I imagine Ross has something more advanced; he's been doing this for longer.

It would be convenient IMO to have something like this in a "tests/" subdirectory as part of a test suite in CVS. The script to test a given set of autogames would also be useful (as a faster, but generally not as thorough, testing tool).

jason