[Freeciv-Dev] AI

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Good luck with your changes so far. Some random questions

Have you started work on the science adv yet? I'd like to see it as you code
it.
Threshold what do you think this magic no is? I was initially inclined to
believe
that threshold * some movement factor was meant to be the max no of squares a
unit can move in one turn. Unfortunately, railroad move cost = 0 makes it
fairly useless. And why are threshold nos not far lower for sea and air units?

Amortise: Any ideas about this function? What are we trying to achieve here.
I suspect I may have to write up a doc called AI functions, which documents
all those belligerence etc funcs that the ai uses. I would love to know how
these formulas were derived.