[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] Reduce superfluous tile_info packets

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] Reduce superfluous tile_info packets
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:33:21 +0200

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:35:17PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

> +/***************************************************************
> +...
> +***************************************************************/
> +int map_tile_get_changed(int x, int y, struct player *pplayer)
> +{
> +  return 1||(MAP_TILE(x, y)->server.changed & (1u << pplayer->player_no));
>  }

Maybe you have noticed this: obviously the "1||" has to be
removed. This was just for testing.

Some other issues I encountered while coding this:
 - there is code for observers and multiple connection per
 player. However some comment indicates that this doesn't work. Does
 it? How to use it? If it doesn't work can we remove it?

 - there is currently a similar mechanism in place with the sent field
 of the tile struct. I think I can remove it.

 - all calls of send_tile_info provide 0 or NULL as the first
 argument. Does anybody to plan to use this argument in another way?
 Can we remove it?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx