[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)

To: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:51:45 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:40:52AM -0700, Arien Malec wrote:
> Another option *is* to throw it away. Leave the current server & ruleset stuff
> & build a new unified one in parallel.

I think this is a valid option.

> I haven't looked at the code server command line code, but I have looked at
> the
> ruleset code, and I would conclude that it's far too clever to keep. That
> might
> be the same case for the command-line code. That's why my question is:
>
> Does this re-organization help lay the platform for the unification?

This is also my question. The answer is probability: nobody knows
because nobody has done the unification yet. So can we please start
some real work? Do we have a grammar everybody agrees upon? If the
syntax and the semantics are fixed we can start developing the code
(either in parallel or together) (either based upon the current code
or from scratch).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "brand memory are for windows users that think their stability