[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)

To: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:20:37 +0200

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 06:40:21PM -0400, Justin Moore wrote:

> > A description what should go into commands, serverio and settings and
> > what shouldn't go would be nice.
>
>    Done.
>
> > Otherwise I wait for the patches to comment on them.
>
>    In incoming/Server-Cleanup-new.tar.gz (has an extra patch on the end).

It looks like a huge amount of the changes you made are code moving. I
think that such code movements provides no real benefit. For example
it may turn out that the partition into settings and commands is
useless/wrong because the unification needs another partition of the
code. I'm not sure what you have "really" changed. Can you make a
patch which just contains these changes?

I may change my opinion about the mode moving if you find interceders
(people which agree that this is good) for this idea.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The very concept of PNP is a lovely dream that simply does not translate to