[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server Overhaul (was Re: Re: Split patch)
From: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

Here's another BNF diagram for the proposed language.

TODO:

1) Attribute value (int, string, int list, string list, directory, object
identifier, object identifier list, more?)
2) help, show, control commands

Some notes:

1) Objects have object idenfiers, distinct from name_orig
2) All commands are newline terminated BUT a syntactically correct unclosed
paren will force the parser into multi-line mode until the paren is closed
(Compare bash, etc.)

Examples:

set foo "bar"

with advance.railroad (
  req1 road_building,
  req2 steam_engine,
  name "Railroad")
# Note that paren must be on the same line as the start of the command
# Note that road_building is an identifier, not a name

create unittype.armor
# Create a new unittype, with default values (i.e., warrior)
# Default name is identifier, with underscores replaced by space, and
# words with init caps

create unittype.god (
  attack = 100000,
  defense 100000,