[Freeciv-Dev] civ3's answer to smallpox

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] civ3's answer to smallpox
From: Patrice LaFlamme <ewd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:15:54 -0400

There's a preview article about civ3 here:

http://www.cgonline.com/previews/civilizati-03-p1.html

on page 3,

"This is important, because you have to
put one population point into building a Worker; Settlers now cost two. "There
was a problem that we heard about called 'infinite city sprawl,'" explains
Briggs,
"where players build thousands of one population cities, and it's actually more
efficient to build a bunch of one population cities than it is to build fewer
cities
with the same total population. So we've combated that by having Settlers take
two population, which makes it harder to build new cities.""

I think this solution's been discussed here before...

Patrix.

--
"Programmers are engines that turn pizza into code."
        -- from the Be Engineering Insights