[Freeciv-Dev] Re: multiplayer mode is all that counts

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: multiplayer mode is all that counts
From: ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:48:21 -0700

In <20010921085552.A6413@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 09/21/01
   at 08:55 AM, Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

:Has the code been posted here?

No, it's still very much a work in progress, and besides, as much as the
concept of client side ai is talked about on this list, very few of us
seem actually interested in writing it.

:What happens when you start with two
:settlers or explorers?

I use get_new_unit_by_flags(F_CITIES) to find and assign tasks to
settlers, and get_new_unit_by_role(L_EXPLORER) to find and assign tasks to
explorers. If I have a second settler, I currently assign it to find a
good location for a second city. At the moment, I don't make use of a
second explorer, because I am still thinking about the best way to
coordinate multiple exploring units. Exploration is not random. The
explorer follows the coastline before exploring inland, and only harvests
huts after exploration is complete.

:Do you already identify the settler across
:steps (remember what it was doing)?

Yes, each unit is associated with a task structure which keeps track of
what it was doing, and what it is supposed to do next.

-- Chuck Crayne
ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxx